1. by + doing 通过……方式 如：by studying with a group
如：I live by the river. I have to go back by ten o’clock.
The thief entered the room by the window.
The student went to park by bus.
2. talk about 谈论，议论，讨论 如：The students often talk about movie after class. 学生们常常在课后讨论电影。
talk to sb. === talk with sb. 与某人说话
①What/ how about +doing sth.?
如：What/ How about going shopping?
②Why don’t you + do sth.? 如：Why don’t you go shopping?
③Why not + do sth. ? 如：Why not go shopping?
④Let’s + do sth. 如： Let’s go shopping
⑤Shall we/ I + do sth.? 如：Shall we/ I go shopping?
4. a lot 许多 常用于句末 如：I eat a lot. 我吃了许多。
5. too…to 太…而不能 常用的句型 too+adj./adv. + to do sth.
如：I’m too tired to say anything. 我太累了，什么都不想说。
6. aloud, loud与loudly的用法
形式。如: He read the story aloud to his son.
She told us to speak a little louder. 她让我们说大声一点。
He does not talk loudly or laugh loudly in public. 他不当众大声谈笑。
7. not …at all 一点也不 根本不 如：
I like milk very much. I don’t like coffee at all. 我非常喜欢牛奶。我一点也不喜欢咖啡。
not经常可以和助动词结合在一起，at all 则放在句尾
8. be / get excited about sth.=== be / get excited about doing sth.
=== be excited to do sth. 对…感兴奋 如：
I am / get excited about going to Beijing.===
I am excited to go to Beijing. 我对去北京感到兴奋。
9. ① end up doing sth 终止做某事，结束做某事 如：
The party ended up singing. 晚会以唱歌而结束。
② end up with sth. 以…结束 如：
The party ended up with her singing. 晚会以她的歌唱而告终。
10. first of all 首先
. to begin with 一开始
later on 后来、随
1. This article gives you advice on how to talk to people with different personalities (person).
2. We can’t find the differences between these two pictures easily (easy).
3. As a secretary Miss Luo is well organized (organize). She plans all her daily work very well.
4. It’s necessary for us to get enough sleep if we want to be energetic (energy).
5. She is busy, yet she still takes an active (act) part in charity activities.
6. Mr. Wu gave us a general (总的) idea of the work to let us know what it was about.
7. The British students will taste rice dumplings and watch a dragon boat race (竞赛) in China.
8. The Chinese people now enjoy a higher standard (标准) of living than before.
9. Lu Xun is one of the pioneers (先锋) of modern Chinese culture.
10. Students should pay attention (注意) to what the teacher say in class.
11. The construction of the high-speed (高速的) railway started in April 2008.
12. A study shows that most traffic accidents come from carelessness
13. The manager took the lead to clear the snow out of the street and soon others join in.
14. Song Zuying has a beautiful voice and she is a born singer.
15. With his books, Mo Yan has won high praise from home and abroad.
16. The chief engineer always says, “A miss is as good as a mile.”
17. The small towns are connected with each other by road.
18. He divide (分成) a cake into pieces and gave them out to his children.
19. Jack enjoyed reading all kinds of books. These books shape (塑造) his ideas about the world.
20. Nora’s birthday is not in this year’s calendar (日历). Do you know why?