状语从句 （Adverbial Clause） 状语从句指句子用作状语时，起副词作用的句子。它可以修饰谓语、非谓语动词、定语、状语或整个句子。根据其作用可分为时间、地点、原因、条件、目的、结果、让步、方式和比较等从句。状语从句一般由连词(从属连词)引导，也可以由词组引起。从句位于句首或句中时通常用逗号与主句隔开，位于句尾时可以不用逗号隔开。下面惟楚競才长沙教育培训机构
be born 出生 stop doing sth. 停止干某事
stop to do sth. 停下别的事情来干……
too … to… 太…..而不能 at the age of 在……岁时
a difficult piece of music 一支很难的曲子
take part in 参加 start doing/ to do sth. 开始做某事
win first prize 获得一等奖 because of 因为
major in 主修, 专研 grow up 成长.长大
computer science 计算机科学
at the same time 同时 all over 到处,遍及
exchange student 交换生 sound like 听起来像
fashion show 时装表演会 a part-time job 一份兼职工作
hold an art exhibition 举行美术展览
keep fit 保持健康
1. You are never too young to start doing things.
2. She toured the US when she was fourteen.
3. He won first prize in his group.
4. When he was a small boy he could hum songs and difficult pieces of music.
5. When were you / was she /he born?
6. What are you going to be when you grow up?
I’m going to be a computer programmer.
7. How are you going to do that?
8. When I grow up, I’m going to do what I want to do.
9. Paris sounds like a city that I could enjoy.
在句中相当于时间状语的从句叫时间状语从句, 常由as soon as, when, while, as, after, before, since, ever since, until, every time, each time, next time等引导。
As soon as you arrive, give me a phone call. 你一到就给我来电话.
Mary was reading when I left. 我走的时候玛丽正在读书.
While I played the piano, sister did her homework. 我在谈钢琴,姐姐在做功课.
You can’t leave until you go through with your work. 不完成这项工作你不能走。
注意: 1. 用until引导时间状语从句时, 主句应用可持续性动词,如果主句是非持续性动词,则主句用否定形式. 如:
I won’t go until you come back. 你回来了我再走.
2. 在时间状语从句中,常用一般现在时表示一般将来时, 用一般过去时表示过去将来时. 如:
Don’t forget to bring your DV4000 camera here when you come. 你来的时候别忘了带DV4000摄像机.
3. 在由since 引导的时间状语从句中,主句用现在完成时,从句用一般过去时. 也可用 “It is + 一段时间 + since (引导一般过去时的从句)”句型. 如:
He has worked in that company since he graduated from Wuhan University. 他毕业以来就一直在那个公司工作.
在句中相当于地点状语的从句叫地点状语从句.引导地点状语从句的常用词有 where, anywhere, somewhere等.
Make marks where you have questions. 在有问题的地方作出标记.
You can go anywhere you like. 你可以到你想去的任何地方.
Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者事竟成.
在句中相当于原因状语的从句叫原因状语从句. 引导原因状语从句的常用词有because, as, since, for 等.
Roman was absent from school because he was ill. 罗曼病了, 没有上学.
As Parker was in a hurry, he left this bag home. 由于派克太匆忙才把包丢家里了.
Since everyone makes mistakes, you shouldn’t always criticize him. 既然每个人都会犯错误, 你不该总是批评他。
在句中相当于目的状语的从句叫目的状语从句. 常用in order that, so that引导, 译为 “为了,以致, 以便”.
Rhonda spoke very slowly in order that we could follow. 朗达讲话很慢, 以便我们大家都能跟上.
We’ll sit in the front of the hall so that we can hear more clearly. 我们坐在大厅的前面，以便听得更清.
在句中相当于结果状语的从句叫结果状语从句.常用来引导结果状语从句的引导词或短语有so that, so…that, such… that等, 译为 “如此……以致于”, “结果”.
Miss Gao is so kind that we all respect her. 高老师很和蔼，我们都很尊敬她.
This was such fine music that it was worth listening to twice. 这音乐太好了, 值得听两遍.
在句中相当于条件状语的从句叫条件状语从句. 常用来引导条件状语从句的连词有if, unless, as/so long as, once等.
If you correct all your mistakes, your work is nice. 如果你能把所有的错误改正, 你的工作就很出色.
As long as you promise to go, I’ll surely go. 只要你答应去, 我当然去.
Once you begin, you must continue. 你一旦开始，便不可停下来.
You cannot succeed unless you work hard. 如果不努力， 你是不会成功的.
注意: 由if 引导的条件状语从句,不管主句是用一般将来时还是一般现在时,或当主句是祈使句时, 从句都用一般现在时; 主句是过去将来时, 从句用一般过去时.
If the weather is fine tomorrow, we’ll go hiking. 明天天气好的话, 我们就去徒步旅行.
在句中相当于让步状语的从句叫让步状语从句, 常用的引导词有though, although, even though, even if, whatever, whichever, whoever, whomever, whosever, whenever, wherever, however 等.
Although/ Though Toby works very hard, (yet) she makes very slow progress. 尽管托比很努力,但进步还是不大。
Even though/ if you say so, I do not believe it. 即使你这么说，我也不信.
Whatever you do, you should do it well. 不管做什么事, 都要做好.
用来进行比较的状语从句叫比较状语从句,常用来引导比较状语从句的连词有as…as, not as/so …as, than等.
Carol speaks English as well as you do.卡罗尔英语说得和你一样好.
He does not run so fast as his brother. 他不如他弟弟跑得快.
Burton was more successful than we had expected. 伯顿比我们想象的要成功得多.
在句中用作方式状语的从句叫方式状语从句, 常用来引导方式状语从句的连词主要有as, as if, as though等.
You should do as I tell you. 你应当按我告诉你懂得去做.
It looks as if/ as though it is going to rain. 看来要下雨了.
1. If it sunny tomorrow, I fishing in South Lake.
A. is, go B. will be, go C. is, will go D. will be, will go
2. –I’m sorry to hear that Bill failed exam again.
-Don’t worry about him. I’m sure that he will never give up until he
A. succeed B. succeeds C. succeeded
3. –Lucy, what about going camping if it tomorrow?
A. didn’t rain B. doesn’t rain C. won’t rain D. hasn’t rain
4. There is going to a sports meeting next week. If it , we’ll have to cancel it.
A. be, will rain B. have, will rain C. be, rains
5. –Could you please tell Peter that I want to talk to him?
-Sure. I will let him know as soon as he back.
A. comes B. came C. has come D. will come
6. You do much better you’re more careful with your spelling.
A. if B. before C. although D. unless
7. Peter was tired that he couldn’t continue running.
A. very B. too C. so
8. It was snowing hard, we had to stay at home and watch TV.
A. that B. so C. but D. because
9. –Why did you come to school late this morning?
- I watched the Football World Cup until 12 o’clock last night.
A. If B. Because C. Since D. though
10. My grandma didn’t go to sleep I got back home.
A. where B. until C. as soon as D. while
11. –Mary, what about going boating if it tomorrow?
A. not rain B. will rain C. doesn’t rain D. won’t rain
12. Ask your friend to call me back as soon as she back tomorrow.
A. will come B. comes C. coming
13. –Jack, you look tired today. What’s wrong?
-I was busy I didn’t go to bed until midnight yesterday.
A. too, to B. enough, to C. so, that D. such, that
14. –Tell him about the news when he , John. –Yes, I will.
A. comes B. will come C. would come D. is coming
15. I tried to call you I heard from him, but you were not in.
A. since B. while C. until D. as soon as
16. It ten years since we last in Beijing.
A. was, met B. has been, met C. was, meet D. is, meet
17. None of us knew what had happened we heard the news on radio.
A. after B. until C. when
18. Mrs Shute wouldn’t leave the TV set, her children were waiting for their supper.
A. if B. because C. even though D. as soon as