1. —My name’s Jenny. —I’m Gina. Nice to meet you.
2. —What’s your/his/her name? —My/His/Her name is … .
3. What’s your/his/her family/first name?
4. —What’s your telephone number? —It’s 218-9176.
5. What’s his/ her telephone number?
6. —What’s this/that in English? —It’s a ruler.
7. —Is this/that your pencil? —Yes, it is./No, it isn’t.
8. How do you spell pencil?/Spell pencil./Can you spell pencil?
9. Is that your computer game in the lost and found case?
10. Call Alan at 495-3539.
be在一般现在时中的基本用法：I用am, you用are，is跟着他她它。He ,she ,it用is，we, you they都用are。单数名词用is，复数名词都用are。
be的几种形式：is, am, are —being —was, were —been
Two months is quite a long time. Twenty dollars is enough.
To see is to believe. It is not easy to master a foreign language.
The writer and the teacher are coming.
The poet and teacher is one of my friends.
In England, people eat fish and chips.
The Chinese people（民族）is a great people.
His parents are young, but mine are old.
No news is good news. Physics is the most difficult subject for him.
7.由or，either…or…，neither…nor…，not only…but also…等词连接名词或代词作主语时，谓语动词的数和最接近的主语一致。
Neither you nor Li Hua has been to Shanghai before.
There is a table and four chairs in the room.
Here are some books and paper for you.
9.trousers，clothes，glasses，compasses，chopsticks等作主语时，谓语动词用复数。但如果前面有a pair of短语时，谓语动词用单数。
Jim’s trousers are brown. The pair of glasses is Mr. Green’s.
10.由“a lot of/lots of/plenty of+名词”或“分数+名词”作主语时，谓语动词的单复数根据名词的单复数而定。
A lot of people have been to London.
Three-fifths of the water is dirty.
11.“a number of +复数名词”作主语时，谓语动词用复数；“the number of+复数名词”作主语时，谓语动词用单数。
A great number of birds fly to the south in winter.
The number of lions does not change much if people leave things as they are.
Neither of us is a boy。
Each of them has an English dictionary。
One of the students was late for school。
Not all work is difficult。
Not all the students are here。
14.有些形容词前面加上定冠词the，如the poor，the old，the yong，the rich，the dying等用来表示一类人时，主语为复数意义，谓语动词用复数。
The old are good taken care of。
Many a student has passed the exam。
1．The news for my brother。
A. are B. were C. be D. is
2．A boy with two dogs when the earthquake rocked the city。
A. were sleeping B. is asleep
C. was sleeping D. are asleep
3．Everyone except Tom and John there when the meeting began。
A. are B. is C. was D. were
4．Neither he nor I from Canada。We are from Australia 。
A. is B. are C. am D. be
5．Jim works hard on his Chinese and 。
A. so Lucy does B. so is Lucy
C. so does Lucy D. so Lucy is
6．Jenny and her parents going to visit the Palace Museum tomorrow。.
A. is B. am C. are D. be
7．Henry，with his friends， volleyball every afternoon。
A. play B. plays C. has played D. have played
8．Fish and chips the most take—away food in England。
A. are B. is C. were D. was
9．My family early in the morning。
A. get B. gets C. has got D. have got
10．Maths my favorite subject。
A. be B. is C. am D. are
11. How time flies! Three years really a short time.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
12. liu Xiang and Yao Ming are world-famous sports stars. Of them are the pride of China.
A. Both B. Neither C. All D. None
13. –Are the twins on the football team?
-No, neither of them on the team.
A. is B. are C. were D. be
14. Not only his parents but also his grandfather to a lot of places of interest in our country since hey came here.
A. has gone B. has been C. have gone D. have been
15.There are enough in the fridge. We don’t need to buy any.
A. milk B. tomatoes C. tomatos D. apple
16. A report says hundreds and thousands of trees in the Amazon rainforest last year.
A. was cut down B. have been cut down
C. were cut down D. had been cut down